Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Day 7: 5/29

We're still peeling off the top soil of the square I'm working in, still digging until we do not see roots. We found more large animal bones so that was an interesting site to see. The best part of the day was going to Yousef's shop. I planned to have an interview/house visit with some local musicians however it fell through. We decided to go to Yousef's shop instead and it turned out to be a great idea because I enjoyed conversation with him and I also got his help with my ethnography project. I asked him a few questions and found out some interesting details relating to Arabic music, and also music in Madaba specifically. He directed us to a music store that had an extensive collection, where I purchased two CDs.


Holding Al-Rababa at Yousef's Shop. It is one of the oldest instruments in Middle Eastern culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment