Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Day 23: 6/14


Petra was definitely my favorite tour. The buildings are amazing. I spent most of my time there in awe of the way these structures are carved into these huge rocks, the placement, the grandeur, and the intricate details were overwhelming in itself. There were many incredible views to climb up to, whether on foot or by help. We rented donkeys to go to the most high place, and also to the monastery. Climbing to the highest points was definitely worth it for the view. When I go back to Petra I do want to conquer the hundreds of steps that lead up to these popular areas. Most importantly, I want to see the all the sites that I didn't get to see this first time around. After going up to the high place and the monastery I was completely exhausted, more physically exhausted than I have ever been before, but it was all so worth it.  




Not a typical Petra photo, but I had to show one of the friends I made in Petra!

No comments:

Post a Comment