Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Day 16: 6/7


It was another wonderful day in the city of Amman. I got the chance to really see all of the shops (or most) in the Souk to buy the bulk of my souvenirs. After walking around for awhile you start to see all the same type of souvenirs. I finally found a place that does customized small gifts. I bought many keychains that had names carved into them, including one for myself because I love Arabic writing. I also bought several pashminas, spices, bracelets, and necklaces for many of my friends and family. After shopping, my group of friends and I wanted to ride up to Rainbow Street instead of walking (though it seems more like hiking). The taxis seemed to be either already driving a passenger or taking breaks. We decided to ride the bus instead since we thought we had started to get the hang of the local bus system. What we discovered was that a lot of the transportation services (taxis and buses) don't recognized the English words for the major streets or attractions such as “citadel” or “Rainbow street” long story short, the bus driver didn't know where we wanted to go when we mentioned “Rainbow street”, so we headed back to Madaba. Even though the day was cut short it was definitely a successful shopping day for souvenirs.



Souvenirs from Amman.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment